Fresh Egg Puff Pastry Pizza
January 3, 2023 • 0 comments
I recently made pizza with puff pastry I had on hand from the holiday season, and it turned out so good that I'm not sure I can use regular pizza crust anymore! Just like any pizza recipe, you can change things up by using whichever toppings you desire. This recipe will add a little flare to your rather traditional "eggs and bacon" breakfast.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- (2 Sheets) Puff Pastry
- (8 oz) Goat Cheese
- (1 Cup) Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- (8 Slices) Black Forest Ham
- (8 Large) Fresh Eggs
- (2 TBS) Olive Oil
- (1 TSP) Sea Salt
- (1 TSP) Ground Black Pepper
- (1 TSP) Garlic Powder
- (1 TSP) Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out each thawed puff pastry sheet, and cut each sheet into four equal squares.
- Place the puff pastry squares on two large sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Use a fork to poke several holes into each square. Brush evenly with olive oil.
- Spread the goat cheese evenly onto the puff pastry, lay sliced ham on top, and sprinkle cheese on the ham.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges of the pastry start to puff.
- Remove from oven and use the back of a medium sized spoon to create divots into the center of each square of puff pastry. Crack the eggs into the center, and season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder (optional)
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until egg whites are cooked through.